A year ago today I was in the hospital and had just had my third child. Time has surpassed breakneck speed and we are now set on warp. Being the kind of woman who loves to wax philosophical, I could not help but take several moments today to reflect on what a huge fork in the road my life has taken since that beautiful day and what this amazing little creature has taught me.
1. Make friends with the unexpected. The curves in the road up ahead are there. Just be sure you hug the road and don’t drive off the cliff!
2. A shower before 3pm is so overrated. Little Bee and I cram a lot of snuggling, messes, errands and important discoveries into our day. Some days a shower just doesn’t fit into the plan -no excuses, no shame.
3. The theory that the older one gets, the less sleep they need is true. I CAN exist on less sleep than I needed when Techno and Twinkle were babies.
4. Learning how to thrive amongst the chaos is imperative. Despite best efforts there will be many unaccomplished things when my head hits the pillow. THEN I didn’t accept that and I ran myself into the ground. NOW I just do (most days). And it is okay.
5. Wake up with a smile. Always. That little person in the crib will have the brightest one ready for me and I can’t let her down.
6. Put on my oxygen mask first. Taking time each day to just breathe and take care of myself always results in a better situation for all involved.
7. When I think I have nothing left in the tank, just keep giving. It comes back.
8. Given a choice, pick the yoga pants.
Happy Birthday and Happy Dreams, Baby Girl…
5 thoughts on “The 8 Things My One-Year-Old Has Taught Me”
She has taught you some great and valuable lessons.
Happy birthday to Little Bee.
I guess wisdom does come with age. Funny how it took a third baby to get some of these important lessons through my head!
I suppose it does. I think some of those lessons are the type we need to keep learning over and over again.
Beautiful and so true.
That is sooo lovely! ( a few tears)… Sage advise for All! LittleBee is one lucky lil girl to “bee” in your family!:)